Butternut Squash, Bean & Tomato Soup
Serves up to about 8 people
Use fresh herbs if possible, but if not use 1—2 teasp. each of dried.
Garnish with a swirl of natural yogurt if liked & fresh herbs.
- 1 lit. veg. stock ( I use the marigold bouillon from health shop )
- 200 g leeks, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 400 g butternut squash, peeled & sliced
- 5 lge. Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- Bunch of fresh basil
- Bunch of fresh mint
- 200 g fresh French beans ( or frozen if fresh not available )
- Put all the ingredients into saucepan.
- Bring to the boil & simmer for 30 mins.
- Blend and serve with a swirl of yogurt & sprig of fresh herbs.