Quorn & Vegetable Pie
Enough for one lge. Plate , about 30 cm.
Serves 6-8 people
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 300g quorn mince
- 2 lge. Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 med. carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Lge bunch fresh dill, ( or 2 tbsp. dried )
- 1 tbsp. tamari ( soy sauce )
- 100 ml veg stock ( I use marigold from health shop )
- Salt & black pepper
- 200 ml fromage frais ( I use the light one )
- 4 hard boiled free range eggs ( peeled & sliced )
- Seeds to sprinkle on top of pie
- Pre-heat oven 190c or gas 5
- Heat the oil in a lge. Pan.
- Fry the spring onion for 1 min.
- Add the Quorn
- Mince and fry for another min.
- Add the tomatoes, carrots, red pepper, dill & stir fry for a few mins.
- Add the tamari & veg. stock.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
- Season to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fromage frais.
- Leave to cool a little.
- Oil the plate with a little olive oil.
- Put three of the sheets of filo pastry on to the plate, overlapping and brush a little oil between each sheet.
- Top with the Quorn mix.
- Place the sliced eggs over the mince mix.
- Top with the rest of the pastry, oiling between each sheet.
- Seal the edges of the pie.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with seeds of your choice.
- Bake in oven for about 30-40 mins or until golden in colour.
- Serve with a tossed green salad .