Bio Yoga Teacher Yoga Retreat Ireland Gabi Gillessen
Gabi Gillessen has been practicing yoga for over 20 years and has been involved with teacher training on the Irish Yoga Association (IYA) for many years.
Gabi qualified with the IYA as a yoga teacher in 1997 and also holds an Introductory Iyengar Yoga Teaching Qualification.
Gabi’s previous experience with Iyengar yoga has given her a very good anatomical knowledge of yoga postures and she is able to bring this precision to postures, while also giving people variations so that each person can find a way to practice each posture as it is right for them.
Gabi has also taught trainee yoga teachers on a number of IYA Teacher Training courses, post-graduate courses and also ‘Deepening one’s practice’ course. She has also co-tutored on Aurolab Yoga Project with Sama Fabian.
Gabi is very clear in her description of postures, and also the benefits and precautions required.
Gabi’s teaching has been influenced by her studies with Teachers such as Paddy McGrath, Dona Holleman, Yogacharya Venkatesh, Sraddhalu Ranade; both in Ireland and abroad. Her studies are continuous & her style of teaching is unique.
Gabi’s teaching experience also includes:
- Over 13 years of yoga teaching
- Teaching in Portlaoise Prison
- Teaching in Kedron Therapy and Counselling Centre & in the Attic Workshop, Tullamore.
- Teaching in Zinal at the European Union of Yoga’s annual Congress.
- Teaching at the British Wheel of Yoga’s annual Congress 2009 & 2010.
On this weekend depending on the group, Gabi’s classes will include
- gentle & restorative – replenishing & soothing the bodies energetic & nervous system
- practices working on deeper levels of attention & awareness to help transform the body, mind & the emotions
- some more dynamic and challenging but suited to your own individual level
Gabi draws from her Iyengar training but mainly uses her inspiration & creativity which come from her own experiences in personal practice.
“Yoga is a journey of self discovery & what greater gift can we be given than to become comfortable in our own skins?” – Gabi
This is a great course to be skillfully guided by Gabi to learn new practices, improve your existing practice and also learn how to get in touch with your ‘inner essence’.