Photomontage of new retreat centre
This new building that will become the new Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre will
- make running the retreat centre sustainable for the long term,
- create employment for at least 3 people over the first 2 years,
- bring in more business to the surrounding local businesses
and also improve the current retreat experience by having
- bigger bedrooms with ample wardrobe space
- all bedrooms will have on suite bathrooms
- a larger yoga room with an Iyengar rope wall
- a dedicated therapy massage room
- a comfortable lounge for relaxing or chatting
- a separate quiet room for reading or just sitting in silence
- separate professional kitchen
- dining room to eat indoors or outside on the balcony
- sleeping capacity for 18 compared to current 15
- much more space and comfort for everybody
- same prices as the current yoga centre which are reduced back to those of 2007
Looking in from the road
The top photo is how the entrance to the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre currently looks like.
The red outline in the lower photo shows the profile of where the new building will be hidden behind the trees.
Getting close to the new building
The upper photo shows the current location as one walks into the grounds of the centre, and stands close to where the new building will be.
The lower photo is an artist’s representation of what the new building will look like.
Without the bushes; Montage from the front
From a distance without any trees or bushes or shrubs this is a photmontage of the new building.
The lower floor of the building is mainly hidden as it will be located in an excavated area.
Arial Montage from the front – West
The extended porch area is the entrance lobby for guests.
The small stairway is for food deliveries which will be used in the kitchen by Paddi to prepare the amazing vegetarian meals.
There is also a wheelchair ramp not shown.
Arial Montage from the South West
The large windows upstairs belongs to the dining room, and one also has the option to sit outside on the balcony to eat.
Upper floor has the entrance lobby, a reception area, dining area, lounge, quiet room, massage therapy room, and 2 staff bedrooms.
Lower floor has all guest bedrooms and the yoga room.
Arial Montage from the rear
The Yoga room is down stairs, and the large windows will bring in the early morning sun. There are alos 2 large skylights which bring light down from the roof to the centre of the yoga room.
The small bungalow which is shown alongside the new building is there already, and used for accommodation.
The grey building in the background is Dave and Eri’s house which is the current Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre.
Aerial view of whole site
The front straight near edge of the montage is the road outside the centre which rarely has any passing cars as it is on a back road in the Burren.
The white roofed building towards the fore is the existing Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre.
The new building will be situated in an excavated area nearby the existing centre.
Time line to date
- 1999 Original centre founded and residential courses began 2000
- 2000 – present Gradually numbers of courses increased until last few years we had 40 courses per year
- 2008 Dave worked with architects to design the new state of the art yoga centre
- 2008 – 2009 worked on plans to ensure protection of fragile Burren environment
- 2010 Received planning permission for the building which expires in 2015
- 2012 January placed finalized plans on Government eTenders website to get quotations from building contractors
- 2012 February receive quotations and choose best prices
- 2012 April – 2013 February significantly reduced quotations for new building by employing Bill of Materials adviser
- June 2013 the Bank refused our loan for the new building
- 2013 October: Currently seeking Ethical Private Investment to Fund new Burren Yoga Centre
- We aim to achieve our target of €100,000 ethical investment in order for the bank to furnish us with the remaining loan by 24th January 2014
- November 2013 We have already raised €30,000 in your commitments to invest
- December 2013 and January 2014 We hope to raise the remaining €70,000 in commitments to invest
- January 2014: Receive approval from Galway Rural Development as a result of gaining funding from the bank
- 2014 March begin building state of the art yoga centre
- 2015 January open our doors to yourselves to come to this new centre.
May many people benefit from the provision of this retreat centre.