Smoked Tofu Kebabs
These are also good cooked on a B.B.Q..
They are nice served with a peanut satay, couscous or rice & a tossed green salad.
Allow 1 lge. Skewer or 2 small per person.
Enough for 6-8 skewers, allowing about 2 of each veg. on the skewers & 3 tofu cubes
- 2 pkts smoked tofu, cut in cubes
- cherry tomatoes, mushrooms
- 1/4 cup tamari ( soy sauce )
- courgettes, yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- red peppers
- green peppers
- 2 cloves garlic ( crushed )
- fresh pineapple in chunks
- 2 teasp. Sesame seeds
- Mix the tamari, olive oil, garlic & sesame seeds together in a bowl.
- Add the smoked tofu to the mix & marinade for about an hour covered with cling film.
- Next thread the tofu & mixed vegetables onto skewers .
- Put into baking dish & spoon some marinade over each kebab. Bake in oven at 180c / gas 4 for about 10 mins. turning once during cooking.
- Remove & serve.