The Burren Code
Support the principles of the Burren Code to help safeguard this important landscape:
- Leave the limestone pavement as you find it.
- Preserve natural habitats and leave wildflowers undisturbed.
- Take care not to damage monuments, walls and buildings.
- Respect landowners, their property and their livestock.
- Park and camp in designated areas.
- Leave no trace of your visit, take nothing but memories.
*Limestone Pavement is listed as a “Priority Habitat” in the European Habitats Directive, 1992, and is protected by law.